Monday, April 6, 2009

Reflecting and Dreaming



I traveled to Boston a week ago with 17 college students and one fabulous friend, Elicia, for a week of service-learning. The trip was stretching in all directions and I have spent a lot of time reflecting on my experience. Trying to figure out God's purpose for my time there and what I'm supposed to do now that I'm back in the comforts of my home. The students refreshed my soul, the physical work made me realize how old I am and a week focused on social justice made my heart heavy and my eyes wider. Laughter was the medicine for our bones and souls as we went through the week. I said to Elicia, "Come on! Sign up to lead this trip with me!" and little did she or I know what was in store for us. How God would open our hearts, hands and eyes to His world through the inner city of Dorchester.

One evening we were able to get downtown Boston and I'm excited to share some of my Boston finds this week on my blog. I adore downtown Boston and can't wait to return. Talk about a place to start a stationary/invitation shop! Lets just say I had fun roaming the streets dreaming...ok and picking my jaw up off the freedom trail as I would come upon adorable shop names and signs.

1 comment:

leesh said...

oh gosh we found serious gems out there... :)